ASSOCIATE JOB DESCRIPTION
ABOUT CAMBER COLLECTIVE
Camber Collective is a mission-driven strategy consulting firm dedicated to helping philanthropic, governmental, and healthcare organizations create a thriving future for people and communities in the U.S. and around the world. Applying advanced market research and strategic planning methods, we help clients understand complex social challenges, develop strategies to address those challenges, and form effective coalitions of partners to execute those strategies.
Our clients include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the William & Flora Hewlett Foundation, the MacArthur Foundation, USAID, the World Bank, and Swedish Medical Center, among many others. Our 30-person team, based in Seattle with offices in San Francisco and Paris, is comprised both of leaders from the social and healthcare sectors and management consultants formerly from top firms such as MonitorDeloitte, McKinsey, Boston Consulting Group, and Marakon. Individually, we actively serve our communities as coaches, board members, mentors, and volunteers. Collectively, we represent one of Washington State's 100 best places to work. We keep an engaged culture and remain committed to professional development and work-life balance. Learn more about us at www.cambercollective.com.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re recruiting for an Associate in our Seattle or San Francisco office. Key responsibilities for the Associate position include:
- Developing hypotheses, leading research, and driving analytical efforts on client engagements, including building analytic models and performing qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Shaping and writing client deliverables, including presentation materials and strategy documents
- Mentoring junior staff on client engagements
- Developing and managing workstream-level workplans on client engagements
- Developing and maintaining relationships with client and Camber teams
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- 2-4 years of experience at a strategy consulting firm (McKinsey, BCG, Bain, MonitorDeloitte, Marakon or similar firm); experience in corporate development or investment banking is also desirable
- Master’s degree (e.g., MBA, MPH) or equivalent, completed or in progress with completion anticipated within one year
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving aptitude
- Proven ability to author clear and compelling presentation materials and strategy documents
- High level of emotional intelligence and strong communication and facilitation skills
- Intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and a good sense of humor
- Demonstrated interest in social impact and/or healthcare
If you’re interested in a strategy consulting career with purpose, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications are due by October 14, 2018 11:59pm Pacific. The anticipated start date for this role is Summer/Fall 2019.