Engagement manager JOB DESCRIPTION
ABOUT CAMBER COLLECTIVE
About Camber Collective
Camber is a boutique strategy consulting firm that helps pioneering organizations solve problems that matter. We believe that strategies rooted in a deep understanding of people and communities are most likely to enable those people and communities to thrive.
Our clients include the world’s leading philanthropies and philanthropists, multi- and bi-laterals, nonprofits, and mission-driven companies. Representative clients include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, Genentech, Pathfinder, PayPal, and USAID.
We work in global health, US healthcare, healthy communities, financial inclusion, and charitable giving. Our publicly facing work has been covered by the mainstream media, including the New York Times, Chicago Tribune, San Francisco Chronicle, The Economist, Time, The Guardian (UK), and many others.
We have the impact that we do thanks to our 25-person team. We are alumni from leading strategy firms (McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Monitor/Deloitte, and Marakon) and social sector organizations, working alongside world-class experts in customer insights, marketing science, communications, and brand. Learn more about us at www.cambercollective.com.
About the Engagement Manager Role
We are recruiting for an Engagement Manager, to be based in Paris or San Francisco. The Engagement Manager’s role is to ensure that our work answers our clients’ core strategic questions.
In the near-term, the Engagement Manager will work on a six-month project to increase men’s engagement in family planning (FP) in West Africa. This project will include primary research with men, including survey research, advanced analytics, human-centered design, and support to iterative solution development in Burkina Faso and Niger.
In this and subsequent engagements, the Engagement Manager will be expected to:
- Lead engagement design and delivery
- Structure and develop client deliverables that are logically sound and analytically rigorous
- Seamlessly manage high-performing consulting teams
- Work effectively across multiple stakeholders and time zones
- Cultivate and maintain productive client relationships, contributing to new business development
In addition to their client work, Camber Engagement Managers participate in the firm’s strategic planning, growth, and thought leadership.
Engagement Manager Requirements
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- 8+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years at a top-tier strategy consulting firm (McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Monitor/Deloitte, Marakon, or similar firm); experience in corporate development or investment banking is also desirable
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or Public Policy (MPP/MPA) from a top-tier business or policy school, or similar advanced degree
- Proven ability to author exceptional, client-ready documents
- High level of emotional intelligence, and exceptional communication and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated interest in social impact and, ideally, global health
- Fluency in French and English
- Experience in customer insights, human-centered design, or innovation is preferred
- Work experience in the developing world is preferred
Compensation and Logistics
We offer compensation competitive with other leading social sector strategy firms. The candidate will be required to travel to Burkina Faso and Niger consistently over the course of the project, and should be able and willing to travel. The candidate will need to start this role by mid-July/early August, 2017.]
How to Apply
If you are interested in a management consulting career with purpose, please submit a cover note and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are interested in hiring a permanent Engagement Manager, but are open to applicants who are interested in working on a contract basis for this project.